Detailed description on our website.
During the mid-1960s a great new musical sound from overseas took America by storm. Known as “The British Invasion”, this movement energized Rock ‘n Roll with its twangy guitars, pounding rhythms and take no prisoners attitude. Fifty years later this charged up style still pervades daily life with repeated radio play and far reaching influences that have translated in myriad new sounds and sub-genres. Loaded with some of the biggest hits of the ‘60s, this smashing collection of (43) classic 45RPM records can truly be termed the best of the era. All are housed in vintage sleeves including several with photo covers, though a good number of the sleeves are plain or mismatched with names of different record labels. For the most part the records themselves appear to be in playable condition with just one or two suitable for display only.
The lead wave washed ashore with The Beatles and the resultant hysteria of Beatlemania. Nearly 30% of this lot features “The Fab Four” with memorable hits that were seemingly played non-stop during their original period of issue. These (12) records are: (1) photo cover: What Goes on/Nowhere Man; (3) Apple Records sleeves: Get Back/Don’t Let Me Down, Hey Jude/Revolution, My Sweet Lord (George Harrison solo effort); (2) in Capitol Records sleeves: Day Tripper/We Can Work It Out, Help!/I’m Down; (6) in plain sleeves: And I Love Her/If I Fell, Rain/Paperback Writer, She Loves You/I’ll Get You (Swan black/silver label version), Ticket To Ride/Yes It IS, Yesterday/Act Naturally, Twist And Shout/There’s A Place (Oldies 45 red label)
We would ordinarily list some additional highlights here, but as this collection consists entirely of highlight titles we’ll simply go with also present are:
(2) Rolling Stones: Get Off My Cloud/I’m Free in plain sleeve, Paint It Black/Stupid Girl in matching London sleeve
(5) The Who: (2) in Decca sleeves: Magic Bus, See Me Feel Me; (1) in plain sleeve: I Can See For Miles; (2) in mismatched sleeves: Pictures Of Lilly, Pinball Wizard
(6) The Animals: (1) with photo sleeve: Monterey; (2) with MGM sleeves: Don’t Let Me Be Misunderstood, San Francisco Nights; (3) with mismatched sleeves: The House Of The Rising Sun, We Gotta Get Out Of This Place, See See Rider
(4) Donovan: (2) plain sleeves: Hurdy Gurdy Man, Goo Goo Barabajagal; (2) mismatched sleeves: Atlantis, Sunshine Superman
(5) The Hollies: (2) with photo sleeves: Dear Eloise, King Midas In Reverse; (1) plain sleeve: All The World Is Love; (2) mismatched sleeves: Carrie-Ann, Stop Stop Stop
(2) Manfred Mann: (1) Mercury sleeve: Fox On The Run; (1) plain sleeve: The Mighty Quinn
(3) Yardbirds: (2) with Epic sleeves: For Your Love, I’m A Man; (1) plain sleeve: Over Under Sideways Down
(4) Assorted: The Lemon Pipers: Green Tambourine in plain sleeve; Spirit: I Got A Line On You in ODE sleeve; Them: Gloria in mismatched sleeve; The Toggs; I Can’t Control Myself in Atco sleeve