Detailed description on our website.
For most of the 1940s-1950s the Brooklyn Dodgers played second fiddle to the unstoppable New York Yankees. These crosstown rivals met in the World Series seven times during this period 1941-1956, with the Brooklyn’s only triumph coming in 1955. Nevertheless, the Dodgers of this era were highly talented and beloved by fans who lovingly referred to the team as “Dem Bums”.
Whether you think of them as the “Boys of Summer” or “Dem Bums”, this incredible 1941-1957 Brooklyn Dodgers collection of memorabilia and publications is sure to please. This inspiring group presents as the property of a true die-hard fan with well-kept yearbooks including two examples with original mailing envelopes, several programs with autographs and/or ticket stubs on the front cover, correspondence from team officials and announcers and obscure souvenirs that maybe only an old-school Brooklynite would have. The crowning cherry on top, or should we say cigar in the bum’s mouth is a PSA graded 1955 World Series Game 3 ticket stub. All in all this is a great group of mementos loaded with value and nostalgia.
The list of included items is as follows:
1955 World Series Game 3 ticket stub graded PSA NM-MT 8
(9) Brooklyn Dodgers yearbooks: 1949 (VG), 1950 (EX+) with original mailer, 1951 third printing (EX-MT) with mailer, 1951 fourth printing (EX), 1952 (EX-MT), 1953 (EX-MT), 1954 (EX), 1955 (EX-MT+), 1957 (EX-MT)
(16) Brooklyn Dodgers regular season programs: (2) 1941: one with two ticket stubs taped to front and signed by Billy Southworth and Tim Drake showing EX details and one (VG) signed by an unknown; (2) 1946 both show EX details with taped ticket stubs and pencil game notations on front, each also has one thumbtack hole at top left; (2) 1974 both (EX-MT); 1949 (EX-MT); 1950 (NM) due to stain on back cover, presents better; (2) 1951 (NM, EX-MT); (3) 1952 (NM, EX-MT, EX); 1954 (EX); 1956 (VG); 1957 (EX-MT)
1941 The Dodgers “Today and Yesterday in Brooklyn Baseball” magazine (VG)
1955 The Golden Stamp Book of the Brooklyn Dodgers with stamps affixed neatly to corresponding pages (NM)
(2) Schedule Booklets: 1956 (EX); 1957 (EX-MT+)
c. 1950s Brooklyn Dodgers 11” mini-pennant (EX) due to point erosion, otherwise attractive with bold yellow and white Bum applique and solid white lettering, yellow accent strip and tassels attached
(2) c.1950s Pins, both 3-1/2” diameter: “National League Champions” with team photo (EX-MT); “Beat Them Yanks” with Bum art image (NM)
c.1950 Bat Pencil approximately 5” long (GD-VG)
(2) Signed Postcards with Dodgers broadcaster photos: one postmarked 6/17/49 (GD) signed on the reverse by Red Barber, Ernie Harwell and Connie Desmond; one postmarked 1957 (VG) signed on the reverse by Red Barber
(2) World Series ticket offer letters in better condition, both with original envelopes in above average condition
(2) Ticket Stubs: 1950 (GD-VG), 1957 (GD-VG)